Psst — lean in because I’ve got a big secret to share with you.
I’m going to “spill the tea” on all of my coveted and highly guarded skincare secrets!
Yep! My holy grail products and practices that I have followed religiously for the last 10 years. And I’ve got to say – my skin looks younger now than I did at 18 — you’ll see why in a minute 😉
This post is inspired by my recent trip to Ethos Spa in Summit, New Jersey on Tuesday! This gorgeous medical spa is a personal favorite of mine! Dr. Soni keeps my skin looking healthy and bright all year round. So if you’re in the NYC/NJ area — it’s just a quick trip across the Hudson — stop by, say hello and tell them I sent you 🙂 Your skin will thank you!
OK – without further ado!
My TOP 8 SECRETS TO GLOWING SKIN!
1) SUNSCREEN – If you know me, you saw this one coming. If there is ONE THING you take away from this post, it is the importance — nay, the critical momentousness — of SPF. Slather it on — at least SPF 30 — every single day — even when it’s cloudy! UV rays are the #1 aging factor for our skin.
As a former sun worshipper, this has been the biggest game changer in my skin. My skin looks healthier now, then it did at 18 when I was stupidly going to the tanning bed all the time. SUNSCREEN IT UP.
2) You are what you eat! – Sure, Vitamin C serum is terrific, (and I use one!) BUT – nothing beats a glow from the inside out! I also EAT an orange every day for the Vitamin C, too! A diet rich in fruits and veggies, and healthy fats (think olive oil, avocado) does wonders for your skin!
3) You are what you DON’T eat! – On that note – try and limit your sugar and caffeine consumption! It shows on your face! (Same with alcohol…but, hey — we’ve got to be realistic here!)
4) HYDRATE! – Water, water, water, my friends! Your skin is an organ. And your body’s largest one, at that, and needs water to function optimally. Not only that, but water helps flush out toxins in your body, resulting in a truly glowing complexion.
5) BEAUTY SLEEP – It’s not just an old wives tale. Sleep is your best friend. I aim for 8-10 hours a night. And trust me, you can see it on my face (and in my grumpiness) when I don’t! But it’s your body’s time to repair and turn over cells. So let it work its magic!
6) DEDICATION, BABY! It’s not just for relationships. Be dedicated to your skincare routine. Meaning: take off your make up every. single. night. Let those pores breathe! And then commit to your skincare products faithfully!
7) ROLL IT OUT – In the last couple years, I have started doing lymphatic massage every morning, and I have noticed a huge difference in my skin! You can use a jade roller, your hands, or — my new obsession — a Nurse Jamie Uplift. (Not sponsored!) It is a depuffing tool that literally, dreams are made of!
8) Smile and be kind! – The most beautiful glow comes from the inside. I know – cheesy. But it’s the honest-to-goodness truth. Kindness, and compassion radiate from the inside out. It is what true beauty is made of. All the other secrets pale in comparison to the glow of a good heart.
Alright – now for my holy grail products…
I’ll walk you through my routine:
**Quick note on PawPaw Ointment — it’s like vaseline but with fermented papaya. It’s all the rage in Australia. And it is my holy grail for moisturizer! Use it as a sleeping mask over your products.
And speaking of sleep – get a silk (or faux silk) pillowcase! It helps prevent wrinkles, hair breakage, and they’re just so dang luxurious!
Face Cream: M61 Hydraboost Moisturizer
Face Oil — Maracuja Oil from Tarte — Whenever I’m home, I have this on my face instead of makeup. Deep hydration!
Lip Mask: Laneige
Alright, there you have it, sports fans! I hope you found a new tidbit or two!
And let me know in the comments what YOUR biggest skincare secret is!! I’m always looking to learn! 🙂
See ya Monday! I have a really exciting topic that I can’t wait to share with you 🙂
“This is what the Lord says to these bones: I will make breath enter you, and you will come to life.” Ez 37:5
A big thank you to my foundational sponsor, BetterHelp Online Therapy. I cannot begin to express how beneficial therapy was for my recovery from anorexia. Speak with an online therapist. Or check out content about eating disorders from BetterHelp.
Sign up below for my free newsletter!
Get my daily videos, recipes and posts delivered straight to your inbox!
Here was yesterday’s video! https://youtu.be/8pmp4ZI968A
MAGIC TOOTHPASTE? Yes! I am in love with this superior whitening toothpaste. It keeps my smile sparkling, without sensitivity or bleach! I made a website where you can directly order this miracle product! So if you want to give it a try, you can go ahead and grab a tube for yourself. I promise, your smile will thank you!
I had so much fun going through the FabFitFun winter box — it’s filled with awesome products — from beauty, to fitness, fashion, skincare, home — all full size, valued at over $250, but sold for only $39.99 when you use my code “SANTABABY!”
Be sure to check out my affiliate, Audible. Listening to audiobooks while I cook is literally my new favorite thing. And just for you, they’re offering a Free 30-Day Trial Membership. And with this free membership, you’re going to get 2 free audiobooks! Literally. Free. It is the best deal ever. And if for some reason, you decide it’s not for you, you can cancel within those 30 days and it’s zero money out of your pocket, plus, you get to keep the 2 audiobooks. Soooo…it’s pretty much a no brainer. Plus, it’s a free and easy way to support this blog! So thank you!!
Huge shoutout to my favorite: Ethos Spa Skin and Laser Center in Summit, New Jersey! Located just outside of NYC, this gorgeous medical spa keeps my skin healthy and bright! Stop in and treat yo’self! 🙂
@beauty.beyond.bones – Instagram
For Podcast versions of my posts, please check out Patreon! It’s only $2 a month!! You make this blog possible 🙂
And really quickly, I’ve had several questions concerning my Amazon link (amazon.com/shop/beautybeyondbones) — You do not need to buy one of my specific highlighted products on my page, in order for it to “credit” my account. Any purchases that you search or make from anywhere on Amazon, after first visiting my Amazon page, will credit this blog and help support this blog ministry. I am truly so grateful and appreciative to those of you wanting to do so! So thank you! Again, it is an absolutely free, and easy way for you to help keep this blog going!