Hello friends and happy Wednesday! And a HAPPY Wednesday it is indeed! I have some super exciting news to share soon!
Oh my gosh do I have a recipe for YOU!?
Introducing my Thai Coconut Rice with Scallops!Jump to Recipe
The flavor in this recipe is absolutely outrageous.
Something positively MAGICAL happens when you cook rice in coconut milk…and particularly brown/wild rice. Because the rice itself is very nutty and warm, and couple that with the slightly sweet creaminess of coconut milk…it is enough to make your heart swoon!
And then the scallops — I mean. I can officially say we’ve mastered the art of the perfect sear — so check out the recipe below if you want fail-proof, seared scallops!
Thai Coconut Rice with Scallops
- 1 lb scallops
- 1 Tbsp Old Bay seasoning
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup rice I used a brown rice blend, cooked per package directions in COCONUT MILK instead of water.
- 1/4 cup pad Thai sauce
- 1 bundle asparagus
- You can make the rice ahead of time! Cook it per package directions in coconut milk instead of water or broth. Also mix into the coconut milk 1/4 cup of pad Thai sauce. I bought a canned pad Thai sauce from my local Asian market and it worked perfectly.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake the asparagus for 30 minutes on a tin foil lined baking sheet, tossed with olive oil, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Flip once halfway through.
- To cook the scallops: you want them to be bone dry. So after you rinse them, put them on a paper towel, and dry them completely with another paper towel. Sprinkle the one side with old bay seasoning.
- Next, you want your pan to be very hot. Add about 2 Tbsp Olive oil or avocado oil to a large nonstick pan. Heat until right before it starts smoking. Cook in batches, being careful not to crowd the pan. Let them sear untouched for 2 min.
- Flip each scallop and cook another 2 minutes. Remove from pan and squeeze the juice of half a lemon over top.
- Serve immediately.
- To plate, place a bed of rice (or spinach for keto/Specific Carbohydrate Diet), Top with asparagus and half of the scallops.
Good Chef’s Knife
Specific Carb Diet-friendly coconut milk
Info on the Specific Carb Diet
Pad Thai that I used
What can I say…this recipe is the perfect combination of beautiful, delicious, easy, and impressive!
Scallops in and of themselves are a “wow” food — they just impress people! 🙂 And when you sear them so beautifully like that, it is just marvelous!
But the rice…Steven had two helpings it was so creamy and rich and uniquely flavored. It’s the addition of the Pad Thai sauce to the coconut milk that really gives it such a unique, complex flavor! He said he could have made a meal just off the rice!
So do yourself a favor and swap out that water for coconut milk next time you make rice! I promise that you are going to be absolutely blown away!
Thank you for your support on Patreon!! You make this blog possible 🙂
“This is what the Lord says to these bones: I will make breath enter you, and you will come to life.” Ez 37:5
***THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAS ORDERED MY BOOKS, BLOOM: A JOURNAL BY BEAUTYBEYONDBONES AND “MY BLOGGING TIPS“***Click to order your copy!
Be sure to check out my affiliate, Audible. Listening to audiobooks while I cook is literally my new favorite thing. And just for you, they’re offering a Free 30-Day Trial Membership. And with this free membership, you’re going to get 2 free audiobooks! Literally. Free. It is the best deal ever. And if for some reason, you decide it’s not for you, you can cancel within those 30 days and it’s zero money out of your pocket, plus, you get to keep the 2 audiobooks. Soooo…it’s pretty much a no brainer. Plus, it’s a free and easy way to support this blog! So thank you!!
@beauty.beyond.bones – Instagram
And really quickly, I’ve had several questions concerning my Amazon link (amazon.com/shop/beautybeyondbones) — You do not need to buy one of my specific highlighted products on my page, in order for it to “credit” my account. Any purchases that you search or make from anywhere on Amazon, after first visiting my Amazon page, will credit this blog and help support this blog ministry. I am truly so grateful and appreciative to those of you wanting to do so! So thank you! Again, it is an absolutely free, and easy way for you to help keep this blog going!
12 responses to “Thai Coconut Rice with Scallops!”
thank you so much JB! Hugs and love xox
You are very graciously welcome so much BBB!!!
Oh, no! Another recipe of yours that I am going to have to try. How can I not when I love all the ingredients? Thank you for sharing.
hahaha thank you HJ! oh yes – this one is DEFINITELY worth trying! it will change the way you make rice forever! hehe Hugs and love xox
thank you Sheree! ohhhh it this was SO phenomenal! Hugs and love xox
Another mouth watering recipe! It’s a good thing it’s only breakfast time for me, or I would be trying to eat this picture.🙂
Oh so yummy! Oh my! I love coconut and it tastes good in various types of recipes! Thanks for sharing and God bless! <3
This looks delicious! Thank you for sharing. 🙂