Fire up the oven, people, because I’ve got an absolutely OUTRAGEOUS fall dessert recipe for ya!
My mom’s famous pumpkin cake is SO delicious and incredibly easy! It’s so light and creamy and just melts in your mouth!
She made it for the big gang we had up at our lake home in Wisconsin this past weekend, and by gosh, it was gone by the end of night two! People GOBBLED IT UP!
And it’s SO easy to make! It’s a glorified “dump cake!” Save this for Thanksgiving!
<iframe src=”https://assets.pinterest.com/ext/embed.html?id=697143217335096613″ height=”1167″ width=”600″ frameborder=”0″ scrolling=”no” ></iframe>
Mom’s Famous Pumpkin Cake!
- 1 15 oz can fresh pumpkin
- 1 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 c. sugar
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup chopped pecans optional – I omitted
- 2 sticks butter cut into pieces
- 1 8 oz pkg cream cheese softened
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together pumpkin, evaporated milk, cinnamon and sugar until well combined.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Pour mixture into a 9X13 baking dish prepared with a non stick spray. Sprinkle cake mix evenly over entire top. Sprinkle nuts evenly over cake mix and top with butter pieces. Bake at 350° F for 50-60 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Prepare frosting while cake is cooling. In a large mixing bowl using a hand mixer, whip cream cheese until light. Add in whipping cream and continue to whip until fully combined and thickening. Add powdered sugar and cinnamon and whip until smooth.
Ok WOW – this pumpkin cake STOLE THE SHOW! Everyone absolutely loved it. People had seconds and even thirds!
The thing everyone liked about it was that it wasn’t overly sweet. It was just the right amount of sweetness.
And it was so light and velvety. It didn’t have that heavy feeling that pumpkin pie often brings about. It almost was like whipped mousse!
But it was that cinnamon cream cheese frosting that really took this thing over the top! Oh my gosh, what a treat.
And topped with fresh whipped cream — get outta town! Talk about decadence!
The last thing I’ll say: is that this dessert was incredibly easy to make. I mean, it uses canned pumpkin and boxed cake mix! Doesn’t get much easier and “user-friendly” than that!
So give this a try! And I’ll talk to you tomorrow!
CARALYN’S COOKING CORNER!
Each post I will share a new Pinterest recipe video! Please SAVE to your Pinterest! Doing so is a free way to SUPPORT THIS BLOG! THANK YOU!!!
Thank you for your support on Patreon!! You make this blog possible 🙂
“This is what the Lord says to these bones: I will make breath enter you, and you will come to life.” Ez 37:5
Be sure to check out my affiliate, Audible. Listening to audiobooks while I cook is literally my new favorite thing. And just for you, they’re offering a Free 30-Day Trial Membership. And with this free membership, you’re going to get 2 free audiobooks! Literally. Free. It is the best deal ever. And if for some reason, you decide it’s not for you, you can cancel within those 30 days and it’s zero money out of your pocket, plus, you get to keep the 2 audiobooks. Soooo…it’s pretty much a no brainer. Plus, it’s a free and easy way to support this blog! So thank you!!
@beauty.beyond.bones – Instagram
And really quickly, I’ve had several questions concerning my Amazon link (amazon.com/shop/beautybeyondbones) — You do not need to buy one of my specific highlighted products on my page, in order for it to “credit” my account. Any purchases that you search or make from anywhere on Amazon, after first visiting my Amazon page, will credit this blog and help support this blog ministry. I am truly so grateful and appreciative to those of you wanting to do so! So thank you! Again, it is an absolutely free, and easy way for you to help keep this blog going!