Hello friends! Oh boy, do I have a delicious recipe for you tonight!
We have officially entered “Crock Pot Season!” That glorious time of year when you can “set and forget” your favorite comfort meal in the morning, and come back to the most amazing, hearty, cozy dinner. It is a glorious thing.
Tonight, I’m sharing my mom’s famous Mississippi Roast that you make in the crock pot. It is, in a word, phenomenal! She makes this every time I’m home, and people — including my fiancé — simply gobble it up and can’t get enough!
Crock Pot Mississippi Roast
- 3-4 pound chuck roast
- 1 stick butter
- 1 packet dry Ranch dressing mix
- 1 packet “au jus gravy mix”
- 1/2 -1 cup mild pepperoncini peppers
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- salt and pepper
- 1 package Extra Wide Egg Noodles (optional) cooked per package instructions
- Melt the butter and add to your crock pot.
- Then stir it up with the Au Jus and the Hidden Valley Ranch BEFORE you put the roast in the crock pot.
- Then once the “gravy” is made, add to roast to the pot.
- Turn the roast over in the gravy a few times to make sure it is evenly covered with the butter you just made.
- Lastly, put the pepperocini and broth on top of the roast and put the lid on.
- Cook for 8-10 hours on low (or 4-5 on high).
- Serve with a caprese salad for a keto meal.
- And don’t forget to top with the cooking gravy in the crock pot!
- When you’re ready to eat, make the appropriate number of servings of extra wide egg noodles, per package directions.
- To plate: top a bed of cooked noodles with a mound of the slow cooked beef. Serve with a side salad and enjoy!
I’ll tell you what, when I’m married, this is going to be a weekly staple.
The way people inhaled this was IMPRESSIVE! Magic happens in that crock pot when you let this simmer for all those hours low and slow.
The meat becomes so tender, it practically melts in your mouth!
And not only is it so flavorful and juicy, but the leftovers are incredibly versatile!
You can make a mean sandwich with the meat, you can add it on top of salads, you can throw it in with some eggs in the morning, you can have it plain, over noodles, make it into fajitas — the possibilities are endless!
This was the easiest, most crowd-pleasing meal ever!
Whatever you do — give this a try this week!
CARALYN’S COOKING CORNER!
Each post I will share a new Pinterest recipe video! Please SAVE to your Pinterest! Doing so is a free way to SUPPORT THIS BLOG! THANK YOU!!!
Thank you for your support on Patreon!! You make this blog possible 🙂
“This is what the Lord says to these bones: I will make breath enter you, and you will come to life.” Ez 37:5
Be sure to check out my affiliate, Audible. Listening to audiobooks while I cook is literally my new favorite thing. And just for you, they’re offering a Free 30-Day Trial Membership. And with this free membership, you’re going to get 2 free audiobooks! Literally. Free. It is the best deal ever. And if for some reason, you decide it’s not for you, you can cancel within those 30 days and it’s zero money out of your pocket, plus, you get to keep the 2 audiobooks. Soooo…it’s pretty much a no brainer. Plus, it’s a free and easy way to support this blog! So thank you!!
@beauty.beyond.bones – Instagram
And really quickly, I’ve had several questions concerning my Amazon link (amazon.com/shop/beautybeyondbones) — You do not need to buy one of my specific highlighted products on my page, in order for it to “credit” my account. Any purchases that you search or make from anywhere on Amazon, after first visiting my Amazon page, will credit this blog and help support this blog ministry. I am truly so grateful and appreciative to those of you wanting to do so! So thank you! Again, it is an absolutely free, and easy way for you to help keep this blog going!