Hello friends! And happy Wednesday!
I’ve gotta tell ya – things around here have been BUSY!!
For a myriad of reasons which I will fill you in on soon!
But I haven’t had time to work out, or cook, or really even keep up with my ever-growing to-do list!
Which means one thing: FAST, HEALTHY MEALS!
So tonight I’m comin at ya with a recipe I’ve been making multiple times per week.
My Citrus Salmon Salad!
You can have this whipped together in less than 20 minutes! Minimal cooking required!
Plus, it’s absolutely divine. (And gluten free and on the Specific Carb Diet!)
Please *SAVE* this recipe video on Pinterest! Doing so is a free way for you to support this blog!
Citrus Salmon Salad
- 3 “Love Beets” — or 2 whole roasted beets, sliced
- 1 orange segmented — reserve the juice for the dressing
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 cup pistachios dry roasted, salted – rough chop
- 4 stalks of kale stem removed, chopped and massaged with olive oil and salt
- 1 lb salmon cut into 2 equal filets
- 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Orange Juice just squeeze the leftover orange pulp from above
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. On a tinfoil-lined baking sheet, place your two salmon filets. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice. Bake for 12-15 minutes until the internal temperature is 145°.
- Next, you’re going to want to massage your kale. This is really important, as it makes it softer, more easily digestible, and just plain tastier! Put your de-stemmed, chopped kale in a large bowl, drizzle it with 2 Tbsp EVOO and two pinches of sea salt, and with clean hands, get in there and massage it. I liken the motion to hand-washing something in the sink. You’ll feel it begin to soften and break down, turning a deep emerald green color!
- Next, add the rest of your ingredients (minus the salmon) to your bowl with the kale!
- Combine your dressing ingredients, and mix to thoroughly combine.
- Drizzle your dressing over your kale, and mix to combine.
- To plate, serve half of the kale mixture to each person. Top each with half of an avocado – sliced – and your salmon filet!
Oh my goodness, this meal HITS THE SPOT when you’re hungry, you have no time, and you want something healthy and filling and you refuse to sacrifice on taste!
First of all – the extra step of massaging the kale makes all the difference. It makes it soft and richly flavored with olive oil and salt — with absolutely no bitterness! And the texture becomes supple and gorgeously emerald green. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!
And then the crunchy pistachios coiled with the juicy oranges and buttery avocado – it’s the perfect salad.
And rounding out trifecta, is the flavor of this salad! It’s sweet and salty and super buttery from the salmon. Oh my gosh it is divine.
So do yourself and your family a favor and make this dish! I promise, you’ll make it over and over again!
CARALYN’S COOKING CORNER!
Each post I will share a new Pinterest recipe video! Please SAVE to your Pinterest! Doing so is a free way to SUPPORT THIS BLOG! THANK YOU!!!
Thank you for your support on Patreon!! You make this blog possible 🙂
“This is what the Lord says to these bones: I will make breath enter you, and you will come to life.” Ez 37:5
***THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAS ORDERED MY BOOKS, BLOOM: A JOURNAL BY BEAUTYBEYONDBONES AND “MY BLOGGING TIPS“***Click to order your copy!
Be sure to check out my affiliate, Audible. Listening to audiobooks while I cook is literally my new favorite thing. And just for you, they’re offering a Free 30-Day Trial Membership. And with this free membership, you’re going to get 2 free audiobooks! Literally. Free. It is the best deal ever. And if for some reason, you decide it’s not for you, you can cancel within those 30 days and it’s zero money out of your pocket, plus, you get to keep the 2 audiobooks. Soooo…it’s pretty much a no brainer. Plus, it’s a free and easy way to support this blog! So thank you!!
@beauty.beyond.bones – Instagram
And really quickly, I’ve had several questions concerning my Amazon link (amazon.com/shop/beautybeyondbones) — You do not need to buy one of my specific highlighted products on my page, in order for it to “credit” my account. Any purchases that you search or make from anywhere on Amazon, after first visiting my Amazon page, will credit this blog and help support this blog ministry. I am truly so grateful and appreciative to those of you wanting to do so! So thank you! Again, it is an absolutely free, and easy way for you to help keep this blog going!
3 responses to “Citrus Salmon Salad!”
A beautiful post thank you so much Caralyn you so beautiful
This salad looks sooo delicious, Caralyn! I would remove the avocado though, your husband-to-be is a lucky man! Be well you two! ☺️🙏🏻
You again have my undivided attention with that salubrious salmon salad.