Hello friends! And happy Wednesday!
I’m all back from LA, and I’m not so much jet lagged, as much as just straight up TIRED from the lack of sleep I got all weekend!
Any who – tonight’s recipe is one of my absolute FAVORITES! You’re definitely going to want to save this recipe on Pinterest because it is a crowd pleaser! (And along with my new blog makeover, I’m also revamping how I share recipes! Let me know what you think of the new format!) (The video is at the bottom!)
Coconut Curry Poached Sea Bass
- 1 large saute pan with high sides and tight fitting lid
- 1 good chef's knife
- 1 lb sea bass cut into two fillets
- 1 cup white rice cooked per package directions (SCD/Keto: mixed greens)
- Na’an bread heated for 20 seconds in the microwave before serving – SCD/kept: omit
- 1 onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium carrot diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1/2 head cauliflower diced
- 1/2 cup green beans trimmed and chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2-3 large tomatoes diced – roughly 3 cups with juices
- 1/2 cup raisins keto: omit
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp curry paste
- 1 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro minced
- 2 Tbsp raw cashews chopped
- 1 Tbsp green onions chopped
- Start by making your rice according to package directions.
- While that’s cooking, saute your onions and garlic in a large, high sided saute pan over medium-high heat in 1/4 cup olive oil, salt and pepper. Let that cook for about three minutes, until it becomes translucent. Then, add the rest of your carrot, red pepper, cauliflower, and green beans, along with your spices, and let those cook for about 6-7 minutes, until the cauliflower becomes tender.
- Finally, add your tomatoes. Let those stew until they begin to break down – about 3-4 minutes. Then, stir in your coconut milk, olives and raisins
- Once your sauce begins to boil, carefully place your sea bass fillets evenly in the pan, so they are not overlapping. Use a utensil to make sure they are submerged in the liquid, and then cover the pan with the lid. Let cook – boiling – for about 15-18 minutes, until the fish is cooked through.
- To plate, place a bed of rice on the plate. Then, spoon a heaping portion of the veggies atop the rice, and then place the sea bass fillet on top of the veggies. Then, liberally ladle the sauce over everything. Garnish with fresh cilantro, chopped cashews, and green onions.
- Serve with hot na’an bread.
OK WOW! This meal was so good we were literally licking our plates!
We need to start with this curry because it is life changing! ALL those flavors of ginger and garlic, and curry and then rounded out by this gorgeous, thick coconut milk?! YES PLEASE!
Next: the fish. Can we just talk about how delicious it is, cooked by soaking in that liquid gold broth!? It takes on all those magnificent flavors and just becomes so tender it melts in your mouth!
Another highlight were the raisins! They also plumped up as they were cooking, and absorbed all those delicious flavors too! They were this little burst of intense sweetness — I loved it.
Other nice little additions were the olives – they gave a great salty bite, as well as the cilantro and cashews — they chimed in with a fresh and crunchy note.
Finally, it was just a gorgeous dish. From the presentation to the bright colors on the plate, to the rich red color of the curry — everything about this meal was a 10/10!
Be sure to SAVE THIS on Pinterest so you have the recipe handy for when you cook it!
Alright, that’s all for tonight! Until tomorrow!
Thank you for your support on Patreon!! You make this blog possible 🙂
“This is what the Lord says to these bones: I will make breath enter you, and you will come to life.” Ez 37:5
Be sure to check out my affiliate, Audible. Listening to audiobooks while I cook is literally my new favorite thing. And just for you, they’re offering a Free 30-Day Trial Membership. And with this free membership, you’re going to get 2 free audiobooks! Literally. Free. It is the best deal ever. And if for some reason, you decide it’s not for you, you can cancel within those 30 days and it’s zero money out of your pocket, plus, you get to keep the 2 audiobooks. Soooo…it’s pretty much a no brainer. Plus, it’s a free and easy way to support this blog! So thank you!!
@beauty.beyond.bones – Instagram
And really quickly, I’ve had several questions concerning my Amazon link (amazon.com/shop/beautybeyondbones) — You do not need to buy one of my specific highlighted products on my page, in order for it to “credit” my account. Any purchases that you search or make from anywhere on Amazon, after first visiting my Amazon page, will credit this blog and help support this blog ministry. I am truly so grateful and appreciative to those of you wanting to do so! So thank you! Again, it is an absolutely free, and easy way for you to help keep this blog going!