Hello friends! Right now, I am buried underneath about 25 moving boxes!
My kitchen is entirely packed up in boxes, but don’t fret – I planned ahead!
This dinner was one of the last meals I cooked in Steven and my kitchens in New York City!!!!! Can you believe it? Ohio here we come!
Well, I wanted to “go out with a bang,” so I made one of our new favorite meals!
Tiger Salmon with Sweet Chili Fried Rice!
I’m going to let you in on a secret I discovered while creating this recipe: mixing a flavorful sauce in with your fried rice right before you cook it takes it over the top!
Seriously, I haven’t cooked fried rice the same since! (And we make fried rice a lot!) Now I know to always stir in a flavorful sauce at the end — it makes the biggest difference!
Something else that makes a huge difference in this recipe is marinating the salmon before you cook it. This cooking tip is something that also has revolutionized my cooking, and I’m converted to Team Marinate!
The entire meal is gluten free, it’s on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet, and it’s keto!
Here’s What You Need: (Serves 2)
Tiger Salmon with Sweet Chili Fried Rice
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
1 lb salmon, cut into two filets
1 lemon, sliced
3 Tbsp Pretty Thai Tiger Smirk Sauce
Juice 1/2 lime
2 Tbsp EVOO
2 sprigs cilantro
Fried *Cauliflower* Rice
3 Tbsp EVOO
1 bag cauliflower rice — fresh, not frozen
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 Tbsp freshly grated ginger
3 green onions, chopped
1 carrot, small dice
1/2 bag frozen peas, thawed
2 eggs, scrambled
3 Tbsp Pretty Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
1. Marinate the salmon. Combine the marinade ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Add your two salmon filets to a gallon zip-top bag, pour the marinade over top. Seal the bag and place on a plate in the fridge for at least three hours.
2.When you’re ready to cook, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Take out the salmon and bring it to room temperature.
3. Remove the salmon filets from the marinade and place on a tinfoil-lined baking sheet. Brush with 1 tsp Pretty Thai Tiger Smirk sauce on each filet, top with another sprig of cilantro and a slice of lemon. Bake for 12-15 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F.
4. While the salmon is baking, heat a large wok. Add 3 Tbsp EVOO, and quickly stir fry your garlic and ginger. After about 30 seconds, add your carrots and onions and stir fry for 2 minutes. Then add the peas. Lastly, add your bag of cauliflower rice. Stir to combine, and let cook for about 3 minutes.
5. In a small bowl, scramble two eggs. Create a small well in the middle of the veggies in the wok. Pour the eggs into the created space, and cook, scrambled eggs-style. Once cooked, incorporate into the rest of the veggies.
6. At the very end, mix in 3 Tbsp Pretty Thai Sweet Chili sauce. Add more or less to taste.
7. To serve, top a mound of the fried cauliflower rice with a salmon filet. Garnish with green onions (the dark green part), cilantro and chopped cashews.
Oh my gosh — the flavor of this fried rice is OUTRAGEOUS! Honestly, the addition of that Pretty Thai sauce at the end gives the entire dish this extra oomph in flavor that breathes new life into your traditional fried rice dinner — which is a great “leftovers” meal if you’ve got old rice or veggie in the fridge you need to eat up.
And I can’t believe that I had this on the table in less than 30 minutes! It just goes to show that healthy eating doesn’t have to be difficult — or time consuming!!
And lastly — that marinated salmon is so succulent and juicy. If there was one cooking secret that I would share with people, it’s that: TO MARINATE YOUR SALMON before you cook it for at least an hour. It just makes it explode with flavor!
So there you have it! This meal was so fast and easy to make. We had it on the table in less than thirty minutes, and absolutely loved it!
CARALYN’S COOKING CORNER!
Each post I will share a new Pinterest recipe video! Please SAVE to your Pinterest! Doing so is a free way to SUPPORT THIS BLOG! THANK YOU!!!
Thank you for your support on Patreon!! You make this blog possible 🙂
“This is what the Lord says to these bones: I will make breath enter you, and you will come to life.” Ez 37:5
Be sure to check out my affiliate, Audible. Listening to audiobooks while I cook is literally my new favorite thing. And just for you, they’re offering a Free 30-Day Trial Membership. And with this free membership, you’re going to get 2 free audiobooks! Literally. Free. It is the best deal ever. And if for some reason, you decide it’s not for you, you can cancel within those 30 days and it’s zero money out of your pocket, plus, you get to keep the 2 audiobooks. Soooo…it’s pretty much a no brainer. Plus, it’s a free and easy way to support this blog! So thank you!!
@beauty.beyond.bones – Instagram
And really quickly, I’ve had several questions concerning my Amazon link (amazon.com/shop/beautybeyondbones) — You do not need to buy one of my specific highlighted products on my page, in order for it to “credit” my account. Any purchases that you search or make from anywhere on Amazon, after first visiting my Amazon page, will credit this blog and help support this blog ministry. I am truly so grateful and appreciative to those of you wanting to do so! So thank you! Again, it is an absolutely free, and easy way for you to help keep this blog going!